The extreme flexibility of USB technology has given rise to a number of unique and interesting USB devices over the years. These are the kinds of devices that can be used with a computer or other USB controller, but really have very little to do with actual computing. Instead, they use the technology to make these quirky and fun gadgets possible for you to use anywhere you have a computer.
- USB Slippers-These slippers are designed to plug into your computer‚Äôs USB port and are made of wool with a built in heating pad. Once you plug them into the machine, they begin to warm up and so do your feet! They‚Äôre perfect for cold feet when traveling.
- USB Kitty-This little pet plugs into your computer and uses sensors to respond to your petting with an appropriate meow. It can also bob its head and play a whole repertoire of kitty songs. Its less feline functions include a timer and an alarm.
- USB StealthSwitch-This device is actually slightly more practical than the above. When plugged in, a simple push of a button will switch your computer screen from its current application to a previously programmed application of your choice. This means that if you don‚Äôt want a boss, parent, or spouse to see what you‚Äôre up to at any given time, your StealthSwitch will have your back.
- ScreenSmasher-This device looks like a foam axe and has a USB sensor inside. Take out your frustrations with the computer (or anything else) by hitting the screen with the axe and watching it generate an accurate cracking pattern without damaging a thing. It also has sound effects.
- USB Alarm Clock Air Purifier-Just as it says, this device plugs in and has a clock face in front as well as an air purifier in back. A little something to freshen up your space and keep your schedule on track.
- USB Posture Reminder-This device sits atop your computer monitor and senses the location of your head in relation to its own position. It will flash a little light at you when you are too close or too far from the machine in order to remind you to correct your posture.